Bash Reigns in Track/ Field

PATRICK MCAULEY ‘20 | SPORTS EDITOR • This past weekend, the track and field team sent two separate groups to meets at Purdue University and Olivet Nazarene University. The team’s focus during practice on the week leading up allowed for strong finishes across the board.

“We kept everything the same,” Isaiah Campbell ’22 said. “Our coaches talk to us as a group and individually to show us the game plan for the week. I believe that it works very well especially like at the beginning of the week so that we can prepare.”

Coaches focused on keeping the team updated on specific workouts. Additionally, Coach Morgan thinks that the fundamentals and mental side of the game played a
key role for the squad. This lead to strong performances from key players such as Ra’Shawn Jones ‘21, Preston Whaley ‘22, Josh Wiggins ‘21, and Leo Warbington ‘22. Coach Morgan thinks Ethan Pine ‘22 won a really tough event in a long-distance environment.

“We had a lot of guys go up there and handle business,” Coach Morgan said. “When you focus on fundamentals and hit marks, that is what you want.”

The team was expecting colder temperatures before heading into the weekend. Campbell mentioned that poor weather can have an impact

on the outcome of certain events, specifically those involving throwing. Campbell was also very impressed with the overall results of the team.

“We came together as a brotherhood,” he said. “We continued to cheer each other on, especially our last event which was a 3k.”

The track and field team heads to DePauw University this weekend for a Saturday meet. Go Bash!