Wabash Soccer Downs DePauw

By Jackson Blevins ’21| On Tuesday evening the Little Giant soccer team posted a hard-fought 1-0 victory over DePauw, with the lone goal coming from freshman Joseph Kaefer ‘22. Kaefer took advantage of DePauw goalkeeper Austin Bodner’s mistake around the

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

net, as Bodner slid on the ground to field a ball and saw the ball slip through his hands and onto the turf. In came Kaefer who then punched the ball in the back of the net to give the Little Giants the only goal they needed to secure the victory.

With fifteen minutes left in the first half, Cristian Aleman ’22 made an impressive play to save one of the threats DePauw presented to the Little Giants. After the ball got past goalkeeper Chad Wunderlich ’21, Aleman slid in just a few feet away from the goal and booted the ball away from the DePauw player, which warranted a huge roar from the rowdy crowd at Fischer Field. Wabash brought a well-balanced attack of offense, defense, and solid goalkeeping from Wunderlich to secure the key victory. Tuesday’s North Coast Athletic Conference win brought the Little Giants to an overall record of 12-3-2, with a conference record of 5-2-1. This win secured a tournament berth for the Little Giants and locking in a chance to play for the NCAC title for the third time in four years. The Little Giants have one more regular season game, as they play at Wooster on Saturday.