A Celebration of Fraternties

BRYCE BRIDGEWATER ’19 | COPY EDITOR • Last Sunday, the ten Wabash Fraternities had the annual Fraternity Day in Knowling Fielding. Fraternity signifies the importance
of houses on campus and shows a shared commitment to bettering themselves. In addition to celebrating the various fraternties and brotherhoods on campus, special focus was given to those houses that who have emphasized bettering

their organizations through grades, campus impact, and philanthropy. The day recognizes top achievements by each house, as well as the struggles each house faced in the past year. Each chapter sends a representative from their respective house to talk about their goals for the upcoming year as well as successes from the previous year.

Fraternity Day is also riddled with awards. Rewards range from top GPA, best senior class, to philanthropic awards. Below are the awards each house received:

Jon Pactor ’71 won the Alumni Advisor Award for his valuable guidance to the Tau Kappa Epsilon House. Lambda Chi Alpha won the Freshmen Class Impact Award.

Beta Theta Pi won both the Freshmen Class GPA Award and the Senior Class Impact Award. Phi Gamma Delta won the Overall House GPA Award. Phi Delta Theta won the Most Improved House Award Theta Delta Chi won the Philanthropy Award.

Hank Horner ’18 won the Dean Michael Raters Award.

Along with the awards, this day allows fraternity men to share successes and strategies that worked in their chapters to spread success across campus. Overall, the event was a success, and we look for fraternities to continue their successes into next school year.