Admiral Inman to Speak

Bryce Bridgewater ’19 |Copy Editor| Admiral Bob Inman of the U.S. Navy will return to Wabash tomorrow night to give a talk titled “Inman’s View of the World.” The retired serviceman will be talking about how events of the world affect colleges, governments, and other facets of modern life. In addition to his talk, he will be visiting classrooms throughout the day.

As admiral, he served as the Deputy Direct and Director of the Central Intelligence Agency, Chairman of the Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas, and elected fellow of the National Academy of Public Administration.

“The classes will be impromptu and on the spot,” Inman said. “There is no agenda for them.”

In the evening, he will discuss how changes in the world are directly affecting students. He is concerned with students not knowing the whole story of events in the world.

“I will try to entice [students] to, on their own, take more interest and more time in what is going on in the world,” Inman said.

Outside of traveling to campuses during his talks, Inman works as a professor for the University of Texas-Austin. He deals with classes on foreign policy. He is also a trustee at the California Institute of Technology for the past 28 years where he works with the jet propulsion lab for NASA.

“Once a year, I make myself availability to speak at other colleges,” Inman said.

Inman will lead his talk tomorrow night at 7:30 p.m. in Salter Hall for students to meet and discuss with.