LACROSSE FALLS TO TRINE IN SEASON OPENER

IAN WARD ‘19 | ONLINE EDITOR • This past Saturday, the fourth season of the Wabash College lacrosse program began with a matchup against Trine University. The Little Giants fell to Trine 16-6. In less than ideal conditions including sleet and bitter cold,
the campaign for Wabash started strong, scoring within the first four minutes of the first quarter of the season. Collin Brennan ’19 started the Little Giants off with a dodge down the middle of the field and left-handed shot that put Wabash up 1-0 early. From there however, Wabash fell captive to a dynamic Trine offense as Trine went on a 10-0 run. Wabash went into the locker room staring at a nine goal deficit. “Coach Culpepper told us
at halftime,” Chase Cochran ’20 said. “‘The first half happened, now lets see how we respond.’ From there, we nearly tied them in the second half.”

The second half went much better for the Little Giants but they weren’t able to manage a full comeback. Dajon Thomas ’18 led the second half with two goals. Jake Taylor ’20 and Tucker Dixon ’19 both added goals in the third quarter. Brennan added Wabash’s

final goal in the closing mintue of the game to give him his second of the day. Steven Stark ’19 finished the game with three assits. Trine had 37 shots, 23 were on goal compared to Wabash’s 20 shots on goal out of 38 shots. Cochran led the team with six ground balls with Adrian Tejeda ’18 closely following with five. Moving forward, Wabash has three more games to polish their squad before beginning NCAC play March 11. The next home game is Sunday is at 1 p.m. versus Wilmington College of Ohio. Let’s get out there and support our Little Giant Lacrosse Team.