Wabash Football Bounces Back vs. Oberlin

Screen Shot 2017-10-21 at 6.40.55 PM

Ike James ’20 strides forward last week vs. Ohio Wesleyan (Photo Courtesy of Communications and Marketing)

Nate Patton ’21-Staff Writer-  The Wabash College Little Giant football squad took on Oberlin College this afternoon. The final score of the contest was 35-21 with the Little Giants coming out on top. Wabash picked up the offense this week with four offensive scores. The strong running game brought about the win. Ike James ’20 and Isaac Avant ’20 both ran for over 100 yards. James had two touchdowns, Avent scored once, and Dylan Buresh ’18 added the fourth score. The running game was key for the Little Giants success this afternoon due to the struggles with the Little Giants had with their throwing game. The defense had an improved performance this week as well. The defense did a good job of shutting down Oberlin’s run game. Wabash’s secondary put on a positive performance as well. Not only did the defense perform well, they also added points on the scoreboard. Luke Kseniak ’18 came up with a turnover for a touchdown for the Little Giants. The special teams also stepped up their play this week. Check out next week’s edition of The Bachelor for full coverage of the Wabash vs. Oberlin game.