The Bachelor Goes Online

Bachelor Online - Levi

Wabashcollegebachelor.com -the new home of The Bachelor’s content. Photo by Levi Garrison ’18

IAN WARD ’19 | ONLINE EDITOR • Today marks an exciting point in The Bachelor’s 109-year history; the launching of the paper’s own independent website, wabashcollegebachelor.com. On this website, you will find all of the weekly news and everyday stories that you love, plus more content than ever before! This new content will 

include an up-to-date sports roundup posted only hours after events and a staff member of the week page to highlight the men and women that make Wabash College work on a day to day basis. Other features will include a link to previously published issues (in pdf form) as well as photo and video galleries to showcase Wabash College events and athletics.

The want of a website to supplement the on-campus print edition came out of several discussions with The Bachelor staff over the summer of 2017. After all parties liked this pursuit, the staff moved forward into these new uncharted waters. “The initial idea behind a website was to create a more simplistic interface to connect alumni as well as prospective Wabash men to the student voice of Wabash College” Editor-in-Chief Joseph Reilly said. The new change will simplify online access to The Bachelor. From there however, the positive changes only began. One such positive change that all visitors will see starting tomorrow, Saturday, October 21, 2017, will be a same-day sports roundup. This roundup will include a quick recap article and image about the sports event that occurred that very day. The new ability of this media will link our readers with the student perspective of the sports event quicker than ever before, as well as give a quick preview to the next match for the Little Giants.

Another new additional feature on the website will be the staffer of the week page. Here, a different faculty or staff member of the Wabash Community will be featured every week. In this feature,we will attempt to tell the story of every staff member so that everyone, on and off campus, can see what makes Wabash tick, both on the forefront, as well as behind the scenes.

One last new feature viewers will see on wabashcollegebachelor. com is a multimedia page. Through this page, The Bachelor will be able to post more photos than ever before, as well as video in the coming months. Through this, we hope to have viewers feel more interconnected with Wabash events, both on and off campus.

To find The Bachelor online, simply type in wabashcollegebachelor.com into your web-enabled browser or go to wabash.edu/bachelor, and you will find a link there. We hope you enjoy this new platform as much as we do, and that we will be here for another 109 years!

Please contact The Bachelor online editor Ian Ward (ijward19@ wabash.edu) or Editor-In-Chief Joe Reilly ( jsreilly18@wabash.edu) for website related questions.